Nature Walk

Fall in New England is my favorite time of year. The weather is gorgeous and the leaves are just as beautiful.  


We are lucky enough to have a wooded trail right next to my school. Every year we take our students out for a nature walk.  Before we go, we talk about the changes we see during Fall, discuss why the leaves change color and make predictions about what we might see on our walk. Here's an example of the writing my students complete after they make predictions.



The kids love walking through the woods, collecting leaves and seeing what kind of creatures we could find. Luckily we didn't run into any bats or flying squirrels (as a few children predicted) but we did see this slithering friend! 


Click on the picture below to check out my nature walk freebie. I'd love to hear what kind of creatures you find on your adventures!




No comments:

Post a Comment